Welcome to the Team Responsibilities page. As you know, Balcones is an all volunteer organization and requires volunteer efforts from all of our teams to help the league run as smoothly as possible. The coach is responsible for ensuring that the team fulfills all volunteer obligations. That does not mean that the coach has to do everything on their own - please recruit your parents to help with the duties listed below.
All teams are responsible for.....
- providing volunteer umpires on the teams's scheduled days
- providing concession stand volunteers on the team's scheduled days
- preparing the fields before games
- raking the fields after practices and games
- emptying trash cans when they are full
- providing volunteers for fundraising activities such as Balcones Day and Fall Fest
- donating prizes and gift baskets for Balcones Day and other fundraisers
On game days the Home team is responsible for....
- lining and chalking the fields before the game
- raking the fields before the game
- emptying trash cans in the Home dugout (if they are full)
- emptying trash cans for the Home bleachers (if they are full)
- keeping score
On game days the visiting team is responsible for.....
- raking the fields after the game
- emptying trash cans in the Visitors dugout (if they are full)
- emptying trash cans for the Visitors bleachers (if they are full)